Who can benefit from music therapy?
Music therapy can be beneficial to all persons from all walks of life. Music therapy has shown benefits for hose infant, children, adolescent, adult, and geriatric poulations with, but not limited to:
- developmental disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- intellectual disabilities
- Alzheimer's and other demential disorders
- medical conditions
- trauma and other related disorders/events
- neurologic disorders
- mental health disorders
- early childhood developmental needs
Although special needs populations have shown to benefit from music therapy, it is important to recognize that those populations without special needs can also find benefits from music and music therapy services.